Let’s look at my 5 Reasons Why you should try Comindware Project, in detail…
Project planning automation
This is a cool feature. With automated priority-based planning you can schedule your projects just by assigning tasks and defining priorities through a simple drag-and-drop interface. Your project plan will be calculated automatically. And there’s no need to worry about resource leveling, manual task linking, and hard-to-define numeric priorities.
In case you already have a project plan in Microsoft Project, there is no need to re-submit it manually into Comindware Project. Just import the MS Project file into Comindware Project with a couple of clicks.
Real-time project status
Regardless of the project plan, tasks are frequently finished either far ahead of schedule, or past a planned due date. In these cases, the Comindware Gantt-chart automatically reschedules the remainder of the work, so that the overall plan constantly remains up-to-date and shows the real status of your project – as well as actual estimated milestones and finish date.
Team members do not need to fill in misleading percentages of task completion or unrealistic due dates. Comindware Project helps to determine achievable deadlines by tracking the real task progress, based on estimated time minus logged time.
One nice feature I found is that you can use baselines to make snapshots of your project plan as it was at a particular date. This way, you see how your project plan is changing over time and you can make appropriate corrections.
Visual work breakdown structure
As you plan big projects that imply complex leveling, rely on the Comindware Work Breakdown Structure chart. Simply create tasks and activities and drop them into the right place of your project plan.
Maximizing resource utilization
Comindware Project allows you to constantly track resource overload as it is highlighted in your plan.
You know the issue here…it happens to all of us. The same project resources working multiple projects are assigned to many tasks on their multiple projects resulting in a resource conflict…or several resource conflicts as is usually the case. With Comindware Project, it is possible to resolve such conflicts in advance by allocating resources to different projects based on the distributed workload information.
Use Resource Pools for easier planning and allocation in the case of larger teams and larger projects. For proper project resource management you can assign individual managers to these pools to make sure they are under control.
Comindware Project is built is on top of a pre-integrated collaborative platform - Comindware Team Network - that dramatically boosts employee engagement and productivity by allowing teams to collaborate in the context of their work. It allows:
- To keep all the work discussions in the very same place where the work actually gets done and get rid of unstructured group e-mails and collaborate on project tasks and plans within your work environment in organized Activities.
- Connect all parties in Discussion Rooms. You can create separate Rooms to discuss specific matters beyond or across your projects – like product launch, sales collateral, etc. - invite external partners, customers or your colleagues from other departments, so you can effectively collaborate as a single community.
- Manage project-related documents in a single place, discuss documents, upload new versions, and follow documents to keep informed about all the document updates in a user-friendly interface.
- Search people in the powerful social Directory and visual Orgchart. It is easy to find the person with particular skills, in a particular department, in a specific location, for a specific task.
- Award the most prominent team members with titles like “Best performer”, “Employee of the Month”, or any other to support motivation and increase team productivity. Team members can also thank others publicly with a simple yet always pleasant “Thank You”.
Do you think you’re ready to give Comindware Project a try? You can signup for a free 30-day trial or, if you still have questions you can reach out for assistance on their contact page. For more information about the product and pricing visit the Comindware site.