WhiteSource manages open source license compliance and security unlike any other solution on the market.
WhiteSource integrates fully into your build process, no matter your programming languages, build tools, or development environments. It works automatically, continuously, and silently in the background, checking the security, licensing, and quality of your open source components against WhiteSource’s constantly-updated deﬁnitive database of open source repositories. You never need to halt development or expose your proprietary code.
The WhiteSource benefits
- Comprehensive coverage - Supports over 20 different languages, including containers.
- Pinpoint accuracy - Proprietary algorithms match security and quality issues to impacted libraries to guarantee no false positives
- Easy remediation – provides validated crowdsourcing fixes to enable quick resolution
- Largest vulnerabilities database - Continuously aggregates information from the NVD, security advisories, and open source projects issue trackers
- Effortless workflow - Enforce policies automatically at all stages of the SDLC to automate approval and tracking processes
- Calculates the checksum for all your components without ever scanning your code (like open source scanning software such as Black Duck Protex, Palamida, OpenLogic, Protecode does)
- Compares the checksum with WhiteSource’s databases to identify all your open source components, including all dependencies
- Pulls relevant information like licenses, security vulnerabilities and updates from WhiteSource’s databases
- Matches the retrieved data with your company’s pre-defined policies
- Generates immediate up-to-date reports with all components and issues detected
Application security was the leading cause of breaches in 2017, and open source vulnerabilities have become the main target for hackers as they have quickly gotten wise to the exponential potential of targeting open source components with known vulnerabilities.
Organizations tend to overlook open source security, due to the misconception that proprietary vulnerabilities and open source security vulnerabilities are detected and remediated in the same way. The truth is – open source security and proprietary code security are two very different animals – and need to be treated as such throughout the software development lifecycle.
SAST, DAST, and other application security testing tools aren’t able to detect vulnerabilities in open source components. Tracking vulnerabilities manually through the different open source databases is impossible as the databases are not indexed by component names and due to the overwhelming number of open source components and dependencies in software products these days.
WhiteSource is recognized by Microsoft, IBM Security, Forrester Research and more as the best and most comprehensive open source security and license compliance solution. Want to learn more on how we can help you secure and manage the open source components in your products? Schedule a demo.
Ready? Get Started With Your Free Trial Today
What to expect from your free trial:
- No installation required.
- Unlimited reports and full access to all features.
- Free technical support during your trial.
- To start, we’ll contact you for a quick set up call to create your account. You’ll be able to start running immediately after.