Published by: Clarizen Work Execution Software
Today is an exciting day in our offices. Clarizen InterAct, part of version 5.3, is ready for use and includes major, new functionality that makes it easy to manage project tasks and reporting directly from any email application. InterAct is patent-pending technology which allows users to update projects, log issues or even turn on a stopwatch to track their time, all from their email without having to log into Clarizen. Now email is more than just a communications tool.
As you can imagine, we believe InterAct will change how people use email and Clarizen. The whole idea is to break down the silos of communications and make it easier for people to complete work and keep teams informed about progress straight from the application people already spend the majority of their day using. InterAct also safeguards tasks, issues and updates from falling through the cracks. We think InterAct will improve how teams engage with tasks, projects, managers, customers as well as one another.
Here’s a breakdown of the key features:
- Gives users the ability to engage with Clarizen from any device using any email client.
- Allows users to send email directly to Clarizen, which in turn, updates tasks and projects automatically without needing to login.
- Includes predefined mailboxes that help apply the most commonly used functionality within Clarizen, making it fast and easy to begin emailing Clarizen.
- Offers customization so emails can perform any action users are able to do within Clarizen when logged-in.
- Generates vCards for each mailbox in InterAct so users know which email address to use when sending messages for specific projects and tasks.
- Stopwatch: This feature will help users understand who is working on what, empowering teams with a new level of visibility into projects and resources. Using the Stopwatch is simple, especially when triggering it from InterAct, Clarizen’s iPhone app or online. The Stopwatch keeps track of time on any reportable work item and runs in the background.
- Relations Summary Fields: Users can look up related objects and calculate formulas such as the sum, average, minimum and maximum of related entities’ fields.
- Single Sign On and LDAP Integration: Organizations can configure Clarizen to synchronize with their AD/LDAP system to enable single-sign-on and single logout to various applications, depending on the connection to the corporate network. The feature also offers direct integration so new employees, teammates or contributors are added as Clarizen users.