“I want to work with workflow tasks from Microsoft Outlook. Is it possible?” - Andrey Yanchenko, Head of Sales Engineering at NetCracker
The Solution Comindware Tracker Outlook Add-in is a free Outlook extension that you can get right from your Comindware Tracker account. It will put Comindware Tracker workflow system behind your Outlook. It will be light and invisible. And it will give you the power of collaborating on workflows and tasks with your team directly from your Outlook.
How Will It Work? After you have the Comindware Add-In up and running, your Outlook list of tasks still looks like a list of tasks:
1. Workflow enables you to collaborate in team. It divides a process into steps and gives a task to the responsible at each step. As it is performed automatically by Comindware Tracker, you won’t need to write an email to your co-worker saying that your part of work has been accomplished, give details and attach documents: you save it together with your task and then it automatically goes to the next on your team, with all the content and the context.
2. Larger functionality for your tasks:
- processes behind workflow tasks,
- in progress\deferred status with play\pause buttons,
- collaborative thread,
- files versioning, hierarchy of tasks and subtasks,
- synchronization between Outlook and Comindware Tracker lists of tasks.
4. It’s powerful. Comindware Outlook Add-in is spared from any excessive features which makes it really light, so that it will not slow your MS Outlook by any means: it’s really quick.
5. You don’t need to learn anything new to work with Comindware Tracker through Outlook. The ribbon interface is already familiar to you, and you only get much larger functionality.
The Comindware Outlook Add-in goes in the package with Comindware Tracker, and it’s free for Comindware Tracker users. Log in to your account in Comindware Tracker and hit the Menu tab. You will see the button that will get Comindware Outlook Add-In installed on your computer. You can find out more about the add-in installation here:
Comindware Tracker and Microsoft Outlook are tightly integrated with the help of Comindware Outlook Add-in. Other third party applications can be integrated with Comindware Tracker through web-based API. Let’s take an example of Comindware Tracker integration with SalesForce: this will be the subject of our next topic.