Podio’s key features include:
- Apps for Ultimate Flexibility. Select from hundreds of free work apps for any type or project. Or, you can build and customize your own Podio apps with no technical skills required.
- Social & Mobile. Collaborate securely with whoever you want, even across companies. And, from anywhere with free mobile apps.
- Task Management. Fully fledged and always in the right context. Share, label, repeat, set reminders, comment, and attach files.
- Files & Documents. Attach and share files in the right context - no need to email documents back and forth to co-workers and team members. Works with Dropbox, GoogleDocs, Box, and more.
- Project Meetings. You can make your meetings more productive by sharing agenda and notes and by hosting online meetings with one click using built in GoToMeeting.
- Works with Email. Add data easily to Podio via email. Post, create tasks, comment, add attachments, and more all from your inbox.
In the Podio app market users can pick an app, or entire pack of apps that fit the way they want to work. All apps in the App market are free. You can easily customize them for your specific needs and share your apps with the world.
Pick an app to fit your specific needs and start to work the way you want. Apps come with social activity streams: comments, likes, edits and status updates. You use them to collaborate with your team and clients, for projects, and within functions like sales, recruiting, marketing or any other area of your business.
And one cool feature about Podio – for me at least - – is that you can share the apps you’ve built with other Podio users who might need to manage a similar process. For example, I’ve converted my Lessons Learned document turned in to an app pack. You can check it out here. The entire selection of user-generated Podio apps can be found in the App Market.
More efficient project management and collaboration
Why is Podio better than ‘normal’ project management software? According to the Podio site, with their product everyone involved is always on the same page. You can keep team and project discussions in one centralized place where all relevant files and information is created and securely stored. No matter what your favorite project management methodology and style is, Podio will provide a great platform for project execution. Anyone can utilize the unique Podio App Builder to fully customize their project management apps to fit necessary work flows. It’s easy – according to Podio no real technical skills are needed.
Get more done
Get out of your inbox and get more done. With Podio, online project management is easy and intuitive. Simply set up your project alone or together in your team within minutes. Stay on top of deliverables and deadlines with the built-in task manager, and use Podio reporting and the intelligent calendar to easily keep track of milestones, meetings, budgets and work progress.
Pricing and Signup
Podio Premium is just $9/employee/month. It allows you to use apps across your entire company and involve all your clients and partners for free and includes a free employee network. For more information about pricing and what’s all included, check out the pricing page here. When you’re ready to try it out, go here to enter your work email address and connect with your co-workers.