Privilege management is often at the very core of IT security for most companies and also a major stress point for most IT directors and CIOs. It doesn’t come easy, and if it’s not carried out right…or carefully…major security breaches or unintentional security incidences can result.
Indeed, careful control of administrator rights as well is at the very foundation of IT security and when users have widespread administrator rights, this opens the network to a variety of security risks. This can be easily mitigated because users do not need to have full administrator rights to accomplish daily tasks, and privileged users should have restricted access to tasks related to their role/responsibilities only. What an IT group needs is an product that can control end user and privileged user rights for applications and systems which require elevated permissions. Viewfinity can do just that. Let’s examine further…
The Viewfinity Privilege Management Suite
Viewfinity Privilege Management offers granular-level control for managing least privilege environments by providing elevation of privileges for applications and to reduce and control permissions for privileged users. Privilege control for data extends privilege management policies to control permissions by elevating or reducing privileges and permissions on folders, files and shares.
The Viewfinity Privilege Management Suite provides regulation of administrator rights via these critical features:
- Application Blocking/Whitelisting
- Privilege elevation, including self-elevation or workflow approval
- Automated policy creation, management and intelligent policy aggregation
- Automated analysis to determine user needs and prepare the environment
- Readiness indicator determines optimal point to remove administrator rights
- Compliance, Audit trail, policy validation reporting and privileged account activity auditing
- Windows UAC Management and UAC Auditing Reports
- Control permissions for data by elevating or reducing privileges on folders, files & shares
- Mobile Workforce Support